A post-doctoral position is open at the University of Reims Champagne-Ardenne in the BioSpecT unit (EA 7506, BioSpectroscopie Translationnelle). The mission of the post-doc is the development of imaging by Stimulated Raman Scattering (SRS) for characterizing biological samples, in the context of biomedical issues identified in collaboration with the clinicians of the research unit.
BioSpecT benefits of a particular set-up, combining on the same microscope a spontaneous Raman spectrometer and a coherent Raman imaging device. The set-up is integrated into the PICT IBiSA platform of the university.
The tasks expected to be achieved are:
- Defining optimal parameters of SRS imaging for different types of biological samples, these parameters concerns both optical and electronica components of the set-up;
- Developing appropriate processing of SRS images for exploiting their biological relevancy;
- Assessing the technical performances in terms of detection sensitivity and spatial precision of the set-up.
Requirements to candidate
- PhD degree in the field of biophysics
- experience in working with pulsed laser-based imaging technique
- ability to use scientific equipment and solve hardware problems
- preferred experience in data and image processing (e.g., Matlab, Python)
- good scientific activity (certified scientific publications)
- fluent English spoken and written
Funding / Duration
The post-doctoral fellowship will be funded in the framework of co-financing between the Region Grand Est and the Horiba France company (Villeneuve d’Ascq). The funding is actually available for 12 months. An extension of 6 months has been asked to a new research call (pending results).
Reims (UFR Medecine Pharmacie), France
Contact for applying or further information
Pr Olivier Piot
Tel : +33 (0)3 26 91 81 28