Our goal is to move forward the clinical application of IR and Raman spectroscopy by identifying barriers to their implementation in the clinical environment and, through multidisciplinary sandpits, propose ways to overcome these barriers.
Specific objectives to overcome the problems described above are below:
- To develop our understanding of the interaction of light with clinical samples
- To develop internationally recognised protocols for the preparation of cells, tissue and biofluids for clinical spectroscopy
- To provide evidence of the power of spectroscopy for use in the clinical arena
- To determine the requirements of instrumentation suitable for use in the clinic
- To develop strategies for pre-processing and statistical analysis in clinical spectroscopy
- To develop inter-group data sharing protocols and portal